Thursday, May 25, 2006

Ocean City Eats


Last night we squared away our plans for a week long visit to Ocean City, MD this summer. Although our trip is over two months away, I'm already thinking about all the wonderful things I love to eat while at the ocean. If you're planning on hitting the beach this summer, here are some of my most favorite foods that you should sink your teeth into:


  • Pizza omelet Dough Roller This is my absolute favorite thing that my mouth starts watering for the moment someone mentions Ocean City! First of all, I'm a big fan of the concept of crossing pizza with other foods. (Except that 7-11 Pizza sandwich thing...that looks friggin' disgusting!) Dough Roller is famous for their pizza, and their Pizza omelet is filled with gooey mozzarella cheese, thick cut pepperoni, and then topped with their signature pizza sauce. Soooo good!!! I think they only serve it at breakfast time, so you gotta get up early - but it's worth it!
  • French Fries Thrasher's I know I'm not alone in naming Thrasher's Fries one of my favorite beach foods. It's a tradition for millions of people. No ketchup here, just a sprinkle of salt and plenty of vinegar! That's eatin' my friend!
  • Seafood Festival Buffet Phillips Crab House Not only is this a meal, it's an evening's entertainment! This buffet is huge! Very huge! And it's all fresh seafood! Crabs, shrimp, fish, clams, muscles, more crabs, more shrimp and all kinds of other stuff. They even have hamburgers and hot dogs! Did I mention they have crabs!? They have whole steamed crabs, crab legs, crab cakes, crab soup, crab imperial...if there is a way to prepare crabs - they'll do it for you! A tad pricey, but worth every penny of it! Go early in the afternoon (4:00pm) to beat the crowds and get an early bird price special!
  • Burger/Soft Shell Crab Sandwich Atlantic Stand We like to eat here more for the atmosphere than the food, but the food is really good. At this stand on the boardwalk, you can sit at the counter right in the middle of all the O.C. action. They have decent burgers, but my wife really loves their Soft Shell Crab Sandwich. It's simple, but very tasty!
  • Anything Crab Cake Factory This unassuming spot is one of Ocean City's best kept secrets. It sits in the ground level of a hotel on 120th street ocean-side. Their food is incredible! Some of the best seafood I've ever had. We only discovered this place on our trip last summer, but we are all looking forward to another meal there!
  • Double Cheeseburger Tubby's Simply put, I had one of the best hamburger experiences of my life here! Tubby's is a take-out place on 59th St. with some picnic tables out front. Make the time if you can, the food is great!!!!
  • Cream of Roasted Red Bell Pepper Soup B.J.'s on the Water I guess soup doesn't usually come to mind when you think of beach foods, but this fancy restaurant always seems to have the Pepper Soup as their soup de jour everytime we go in. It's an incredible taste that I haven't had anywhere else! Their entire menu is chock full of fresh seafood! Pricey...but good!

Do you have any eats you look forward to "down the ocean"?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would be remiss if I did not add the cream of crab soup from Harrison's to this fine list. Thanks for reminding me that I live 3,500 miles away from all my favorite foods!

Mobile Version Now Available!.

Follow @edsouth on Twitter!

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: