Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas `08



The presents are all unwrapped and Santa is back at the North Pole taking a nap and catching up on his TiVo.


One thing about my kids, if you give them an action figure they will play with it non-stop for the rest of the day! They loves them some action figures. Santa brought them a very cool Fisher-Price Batcave which has all kinds of trap doors and cool little features in it. As much as my boys play with figures, they didn't have any really good playsets to play on. The Fisher-Price barnyard toy has been the hideout for all of our Spider-Man, Star Wars, and Happy Meal toys. So the Batcave is a welcome addition to our playroom! Christmas morning Batman and Robin were battling Joker and the Penguin along with the help of some friends from Star Wars, Wall-E, a fire fighter and a Snowman!

Later in the day, the kids Uncle Mike gave them the Spider-Man playset which is also very cool and full of all kinds of neato features. The kids are in the other room playing with all the figures and playsets right now.

Myself, I got some books - like Huge Heffner's biography and the autobiography of Maureen McCormack, you know Marsha Brady! And I got a book from the show "Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives" which I love and the new David Letterman book "Fun Facts", which is hilarious!

In the DVD department I scored the first season of 30 Rock and season one of The Donna Reed Show - easily my favorite old school black and white sitcom. I'm really excited to tear into that! I also got a DVD all about the Haunted Mansion at Knoebel's amusement park. Super Nerdy - and I can't wait to watch it! And I got the Complete Series of The Flintstones - 166 episodes packed onto 27 discs. I should be able to finish it off sometime between now and the end of time!

Joey got Rock Band for the Wii, which I gotta say...even though I only know about 3 songs in the whole game it is a really fun experience! I was jamming on the drums last night till about one in the morning.

We spent Christmas eve at my wife's father's house. Christmas night Jen's mom and the rest of the family came to our house for dinner (and Rock Band). And the day after Christmas we went down to my folks house for dinner and to see the Symphony of Lights over by the Columbia Mall.

I hope ya'll had a great holiday filled with family and friends and some cool gifts! Leave a comment and tell us what ya got!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: