Thursday, October 19, 2006

My Halloween Costumes


We know you've been waiting for it, so here it is: the complete rundown of every Halloween costume I wore during my formative years! The first four years I've pieced together from photo albums. From 1978, when I was in Kindergarten, and on I remember what I wore each year.

1974 - Campbell's Soup Kid
1975 - Cowboy
1976 - Mickey Mouse/Mouseketeer
I was wearing a Mickey Mouse Club T-shirt and a Mickey Mouse mask, so I guess I was somewhere inbetween the two.
1977 - Mouseketeer This time around was a little better. I had the groovy disco Mickey Mouse Club ears and the multi-colored shirt from the 1970's version of the Mickey Mouse Club.
1978 - Casper White sheet and a Casper mask: Inspired!
1979 - The Pink Panther My only store bought costume, the pants ripped in school the day of Halloween thus sealing my fate of never having a store bought costume again!
1980 - Mork from the TV show Mork & Mindy I had the Mork suspenders. They were awesome!
1981 - Smurf My first attempt at a Smurf costume was kind of lame, I wore a blue button down shirt and white dress pants.
1982 - Smurf Try #2 was much better (as pictured above) My mom made a smurf hat, and sewed a little blue tail on white sweatpants. The smurf-colored Smurf t-shirt helped too, but I probably could have done with out the gay Zorro mask!
1983 - Michael Jackson I had a silver glove and a Thriller jacket. Instant costume!
1984 - Michael Jackson I had to take another stab at my Michael Jackson costume as well.
1985 - Trivial Pursuit This was an awesome costume. We took two big pie sheets and made a sandwich board that looked like a playing piece from the game. Then we stapled cards from the game all over a hat. Good times! (Wish I had a picture)
1986 - Tourist At this point I was in the 8th grade, so we're entering the period where you do as little as possible to get away with having a costume!
1987 - Santa on Vacation Basically, a variation on last year's costume except with a Santa Claus hat. Brilliant!

Leave a comment with some of your favorite personal Halloween costumes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best Halloween ever: 1983!
The store-bought costumes featured in my roving trick-or-treating party...
Me: Woodstock (The bird)
My Brother: Pac-Man (Yellow mask, screenshot of the game on the shirt)
My friend Ben: Admiral Ackbar

Woodstock, Pac-Man, and Admiral Ackbar, together at last. Only in the 80's!

amy@flexibledreams said...

My favorite costume was a domino. I wore black pants and a black turtle neck. Then I used tag board to make a white belt and white dots, three on top and six on the bottom. I thought it was pretty creative at the time.

Anonymous said...

Where is the pic of me and my redskins costume...featuring the classic osh-gosh red dress shirt?

-Ed's Brother

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: