Monday, October 16, 2006

Supergirl Cookies

Man, I could sure go for some Supergirl Cookies right about now! I wanted to see the new SUPERGIRL movie so bad when it came out in 1983. However, I was only 9 years old at the time and had to rely on my parental units for visits to the movie theatre. We averaged about one trip a year to the movies and I had already spent my 1983 movie on RETURN OF THE JEDI. So, I had to resort to the novelization of the movie and a couple of boxes of delicious Supergirl cookies with scenes from the movie on the back of each box.

Helen Slater played the role of Supergirl and thus began the stopwatch on her 15 minutes of fame. She followed up SUPERGIRL with THE LEGEND OF BILLIE JEAN (a great movie co-staring her brother Christian Slater.) She then made appearances in RUTHLESS PEOPLE (another great movie) and the Michael J. Fox hit THE SECRET OF MY SUCCE$S (never saw it.) Slater has spent the following 18 years playing bit parts in films and TV shows and making the occasional TV-Movie.

Never got a SUPERGIRL sequel, probably because the film turned out to not be very good. I remember being somewhat disappointed when I finally saw it on HBO a year later. However, that didn't stop me from watching it 67 times...that's how we rolled in those days!

1 comment:

John said...

"her brother Christian Slater..."

No hu-way!? What's up with that?

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: