Saturday, September 09, 2006

5 Favorite Candies

Believe it or not, I'm not a big candy person. I don't think I really eat all that much candy, but I have as much of a sweet tooth as the next person. There are a few candies that I have a special place for in my heart...and tummy!


Circus Peanuts I know I'm alone on this, these things are universally hated but I love these guys. They are shaped like peanuts, they are orange colored and they are banana-flavored. It's the candy that messes with your mind! They are so good! A bag of these and a new release DVD is a night to cherish!

Cream Egg So good, so creamy! It's a chocolate egg and when you crack it open it looks like a real egg...only it's more candy! How incredible is that!? These puppies are not as easy to find the rest of the year as they are at Easter time, that's what's kept them fresh all these years. The first Cream Egg of the season is as important as flowers blooming in Mother Natures grand circle of life!


Fruit Slices Apparently I have a thing for candy shaped like other foods. Fruit Slices are usually found in those bins where you have to scoop out the candy yourself and they charge you by the pound. And you scoop out what you think is a good amount of candy that's going to get you through the evening or a movie and then you take the bag up to the register and discover that you just scooped yourself $17.61 worth of Fruit Slices. But they are all so yummy!

Bottle Caps These little guys are much like Sweet Tarts, except they are flavored like different sodas. Cola, Root Beer, Cherry Cola, Orange and Grape are the different flavors you'll find inside a package of Bottle Caps. What's more, the sweet tarts are shaped like old fashioned bottle caps. Sweet and bubbly, very tasty! A couple of years ago they started offering Bottle Caps packaged in a roll, like Mentos. They are a little thicker when you get them in the roll, but they are still pretty good!

Sunkist Fruit Gems I've decided that this is my number one favorite candy. Oh my goodness, these are so good! They are kind of like the Fruit Slices, but a little less candy tasting and more flavored like real fruit. The best way to eat them is to bite them in half and then jam your tongue up into the gooey middle of one of the halves! Delightful! Fruit Gems always come individually wrapped, which you think would slow you down from eating too many at once, but you would be wrong. I usually stop eating them when I run out or I can't fit anymore of the little wrappers into my pockets!

Feel free to comment on your favorite candy!

3 comments:

amy@flexibledreams said...

Except of course for the banana peanut nasties these are some of my favorite candies. Smarties are at the top of my list but the Sunkist Fruit Gems are right up there.

Anonymous said...

I just received a huge box of the Sunkist Fruit Candies for my birthday--a thoughtful gift for any occasion. Also, BottleCaps rule!!! Good picks, Mr. Ed!

Diesel said...

Circus Peanuts should have a warning label. Eat more than two = stomach ache. Even if, could you stop at two?

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: