Sunday, September 10, 2006

Flea Market Finds - Disneyland Ahoy!

I read a couple of other blogs where every weekend they post pictures of treasures they found at flea markets. Since I'm such an impressionable young blogger I thought I'd do the same as I was able to get out for a couple of hours on my own and visit the flea market this weekend. Whenever I go yard saleing or flea marketing I'm mostly on the lookout for old souvenirs from Walt Disney World as well as Disney records and good deals on children's books. I also have a rule that I never pay more than a few bucks for any one item! I try to stick to my guidelines because it's easy to go crazy and start buying tons of old stuff that you think is "cool" but you really don't have ANY need for! This weekend's flea market excursion was chock full of goodies, not from Disney World but from Disneyland.

Before I made any Disney purchases these magnets caught my eye. I've been on a bit of a Hanna-Barbera kick lately, so I couldn't pass up these puffy magnets of some great old Hanna-Barbera characters. Huckleberry Hound, Peter Potamus, Magilla Gorilla, and Wally Gator were all stars of H-B's great animated shorts of the 1960's, now mine to hang on my refridgerator for years to come! The set also came with doubles of Huck and Wally...anyone wanna trade!? Hanna-Barbera Puffy Magnets: $1


I always leaf my way through the box of kids books. We have a book called THE MICKEY MOUSE BOOK, which is a simple Golden Shape Book that Elias loves! So I was excited to find THE DONALD DUCK BOOK (also from 1964) which is written and illustrated in much the same manner. I also love kids books that use Disneyland or Walt Disney World as the setting. DISNEYLAND PARADE WITH DONALD DUCK is a 1971 Golden Book that features numerous Disney characters and various settings from the Anaheim park. Two Donald Duck books: $1.50.

In the mid-90's when I wasn't paying any attention to toys, Mattel put out quite a bit of great Disney stuff. I've picked up several pieces at yard sales over the last few years. I had to get this toy today because it fit in with the Disneyland theme. I also have a weakness for toys that play Disney music like the Mickey Mouse March instead of the normal baby fare like Twinkle Twinkle! Anywho, the toy features Mickey & the gang playing different instruments. When you push a character, the Mickey Mouse Club March is played on that characters instrument. The charactes are all marching infront of the Disneyland castle and at the end of the song the sky is filled with fireworks. Tanner loves it! Musical Mickey Mouse Toy: $3.00


The real find in my treasure hunting this weekend was these four Happy Meal toys from 1995 celebrating Disneyland's 40 Anniversary. Each of the figures represents an attraction at Disneyland, they each have a small opening in the back that you can look into and see a photograph of that particular attraction. Aladdin riding the elephant is from Aladdin's Oasis, a short lived spot for a meal and a diner show. Peter Pan on his boat is from Fantasmic!, a nightly spectacular show that is put on every night of the year! We've also got King Louie in a Jungle Cruise boat and briar Bear about to go over the falls of Slash Mountain. All of these guys have the name of the attraction on them and the Disneyland 40th Anniversary logo. I already had two from this set, so I might have the whole set now! Disneyland 40th Anniversary Toys: $1.00

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: