Friday, September 01, 2006

Third Time is a Charm

Dutch Wonderland is a great little amusement park for kids that opened in 1963 is still providing innocent thrills for kids of all ages. I've always loved the park since I first went there as a kid. It's cool to be able to take my kids now and enjoy some of the same rides I did when I was little.

We first attempted to visit the park earlier this summer. We bought discount tickets through my wife's work and headed up to Lancaster, PA for a day of fun! When we got there, shortly after the park opened for the day, the parking lot was already PACKED! In all the times I had been there, I had never seen the parking lot so full of cars. In fact, we were directed to park in overflow parking! We decided to skip the park and try it again another day!

Our second attempt at spending a day at Dutch Wonderland we decided to include with our trip to spend the night at the Red Caboose Motel. Well, the night we had reservations for the Red Caboose the temperature as 103 degrees and just as hot the next day. Considering I would have spent $200 in bottled water alone at the park that day, we decided to postpone again!

So yesterday, after two other tries, we made it to the park. It was still very crowded, but time is running out for Summer `06, so we braved the crowds and had a good time! You can read all about it and see pictures at my other site: Wonderful World of Pictures.

Oh, and also...
I have another DVD review published at Ultimate Disney. This one is for the preschool title Little Einsteins: Mission Celebration. I'm working my way up the ladder to get the juicy assignments! It's a pretty good article, not as dry as my last one on the horse racing show! Check it out if you have the time!

No comments:

People Who Have Wasted Their Time Here: